The Benchmark Clinic of Integrative Medicine: Our Services
The Benchmark Clinic of Integrative Medicine accepts most major insurance plans, including workers' compensation and MVA. Like most primary care and integrative practices, we treat a little bit of everything, from common viruses to heart disease, but our treatment protocol begins with supportive care, and relies on aggressive methods only when absolutely necessary. Here, you will be treated as a whole person, wherever you are in your life journey.
Please note: our providers offer a 10-15 minute "meet & greet" visit at no charge, for anyone who may wish to learn more about their services, or to meet them in person before becoming a patient.
Located in NW Portland, The Benchmark Clinic of Integrative Medicine offers a bridge between the western medical model of health care and the traditional, time-tested methods of healing and maintaining health. Our mission is to offer medical services to patients who wish to recover or maintain their health through gentle, non-toxic therapies. Our practitioners are licensed, experienced naturopathic physicians who listen to their patients’ concerns and work with them to find the root cause of their illness, and use natural therapies to stimulate healing from within.
It is an unfortunate truth that people commonly seek health care only at the point of illness. In our culture, this often leads to treatment of only the superficial symptoms, usually with prescription medications. Unfortunately, many of these medications fail to address the underlying cause of the illness, and also increase the risk of drug related-side effects.
The services we provide include:
- Amino acid therapy for fibromyalgia pain, neuropathy, mood and sleep disorders
- Annual wellness exams and physical exams for adolescents and adults
- Bio-identical hormone replacement for men and women
- Diagnostic testing – blood, urine, saliva – imaging orders
- Enzyme therapy for pain, inflammatory and digestive disorders
- Herbal/botanical medicines as nourishing and effective alternatives to many prescription drugs, we have a fully stocked, onsite herbal dispensary, and mix custom tinctures and teas
- Homeopathic medicines for both acute and chronic ailments
- Medical foods to reduce or prevent side effects for children and adults taking prescription medications.
- Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
- Nutritional counseling as a mainstay of all of Dr. Sauter & Dr. Kilian’s therapies
- Physical manipulation and trigger point therapy – for relief of pain and specific neurological dysfunctions
- Prescription medicines as needed
- Special dietary programs for elderly, debilitated and hospice patients
- Weight management especially for those with difficulty with weight loss
- Workers’ Compensation Claims in Oregon
The types of conditions treated include but are not limited to the following:
- Colds/flu, allergies
- Heartburn, ulcers, diarrhea
- Joint and muscular pain from injuries
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Cardiovascular disease, diabetes
- High blood pressure, high cholesterol
- Joint pain, fibromyalgia, fatigue, autoimmune disorders
- Digestive complaints – gas, bloating, irritable bowel, acid reflux, abdominal pain, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis
- Naturopathic manipulation and trigger point therapy
- Hydrotherapy – Physiotherapy
Women’s and Adolescent Medicine
- Nutritional counseling
- Menopausal, perimenopausal, postmenopausal symptoms
- PMS, menstrual and hormone complaints
- Skin problems
- Uterine fibroids, endometriosis, fibrocystic breast disease