“Food as medicine” has been a powerful approach to health and healing, and it’s been integral to naturopathic medical practice for over a century. The Food As Medicine Everyday (FAME) series is a 12-week, hands-on cooking and nutrition program located in downtown Portland. Since its start the team has worked with individuals from all over the greater Portland metro area, sharing the wisdom of a whole foods diet and presenting the FAME guiding principles. The FAME series works with a wide-spectrum of participants with differing levels of nutrition knowledge knowing that by the end of the 12-weeks they will leave feeling more confident, and with a greater understanding of health and nutrition.
The FAME Series Guiding Principles:
- Promote whole foods and low-processed foods.
- Encourage a diverse, primarily plant-based diet.
- Include food from healthy animals.
- Promote anti-inflammatory food choices.
- Recognize that individuals have unique food needs.
- Care about food and its sources.
Download the .pdf here: Download
More information here: http://foodasmedicineinstitute.com/food-as-medicine-everyday-cooking-series/